Saturday, August 06, 2005

Movies: Favorites through the Years

Childhood (1960s):
  • Bambi: Thumper, Flower, Wise Owl...they all touched me!
  • Gone with the Wind: although very young, the scene where Scarlett pulls the carrot out of the wartorn hill has stuck with me
  • 2001: Space Odyssey: visually amazing and Hal changes your perspective on things
  • To Kill a Mockingbird: first film I think I'd seen where good men win, justice is done, the ideal is attainable!
  • Wizard of Oz: still a favorite today!
Teens (1970s):
  • Jesus Christ Superstar
  • The Godfather
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  • Taxi Driver
  • Patton
  • Annie Hall
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • Star Wars
  • The Sting
20s (1980s):
  • Apocalypse Now
  • Tootsie
  • Amadeus
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • A Christmas Carol (w/George C. Scott)
  • ET
30s (1990s):
    • Jerry Maguire
    • Forrest Gump
    • Babe
    • Shawshank Redemption
    • Princess Bride
    40s (now):
    • Shrek
    • Spiderman 2
    • Almost Famous
    • Lord of the Ring Trilogy
    • Memento
    From Before My Time:
    • Rear Window
    • Vertigo
    • Citizen Kane
    • Seven Samurai
    • Lawrence of Arabia

    2 comments:

    utenzi said...

    I can't believe that I don't see Highlander or Smokey and the Bandit on here anywhere, Utopia. You really need to rethink that!

    Utopia said...

    I've rethought and firmly stand by my decisions, Utenzi!